Statement of Intent


Media Language: I intend to create a female artist in her 20’s to appeal to my target audience. The name I have chosen is ‘Alaska’ as I want my artists image to relate to water. She is a DJ who writes music to then produce and record with other chosen artists. Her look will be simple but effective using dark sunset colours (mainly purple) to represent the sunsets usually seen on the beach in the height of summer. The website will compliment her features as an artist and will look modern as a white background will mix with dark sunset colours to represent a summers sunset around the site. This DJ may feature in the music video showing an audience how the writer is involved in the music. My video will be mainly based on a pebbled beach with dancers and a main focus on the warmth of the sun and the water. People finishing university could relate to video if they go away the following summer which intrigues them more into listening to the song.

 

Media Audience: My music video and website is targeted towards a 16-25 years AB demographic so my video will appear ‘clean’ and ‘classy’ to also go with the overall modern look of the website. My artist will appeal to the audience as they age range is almost the same so the artist will make music that will appeal to other people her age and what they like. My ideology for the video is about getting away from the norm and escaping from work and school. This fits in with my target audience as that is most likely what they want to do during the summer so could relate to the video personally.

 

Media Industries: The industry of music is the Universal music group. I believe there is a gap for dance music in the Universal music group as most of the artists come from different backgrounds and different genres of music. The term ‘dance’ isn’t used to describe a genre of music on the UMG however ‘electronic’ is the nearest term to it. Therefore, I believe this dance music could open up the market for more artists to call their original music ‘dance’.

 

Media Representation: My artist’s logo will read her name (Alaska) surrounded with a scenic background to go with image of a summer nights sunset. The colours are purple based to attract audience attention to the artist as a whole. The logo will hold bold summery colours to go with the website and the video as a whole. The summery location will represent fun at the beach and summer holidays as there will be people swimming and dancing. My artist represents a summer vibe with simple summery clothes and hairstyle, showing how they are ‘always having fun on holiday in the sun’.

 

Chosen song: I have chosen ‘Nobody for Love’ by Sigma as the song gives off the required vibes I would like to match the image of my artist. The song has a fast tempo which gives me the opportunity for a fast pace video filled with little slots of a slower frames to create a mix of effects. I will have some over head shots and landscape shots of a beach will lots of people on. The video will feature a variety of people and shots to represent a social summer and ‘loving’ summer.

Comments

Popular Posts