Statement of Intent


Media Language: I intend to create a female artist in her 20’s to appeal to my target audience. The name I have chosen is ‘Alaska’ as I want my artists image to relate to dark nights filled with light. She is a DJ who writes music to then produce and record with other chosen artists. Her look will be simple but effective using simple styles, relating to a party scene and the night. The website will compliment her features as an artist and will look modern as a white background will mix with purple and pink logo, showing the colours of a sunset. This DJ will not feature in the music video showing an audience how the writer is behind the scenes and cares more about the music than appearance. My video will be mainly based on and around scenes of a church and a garden which will feature one main character and other people representing friendship and new beginnings. People finishing university could relate to video if they go away the following summer which intrigues them more into listening to the song.



Media Audience: My music video and website are targeted towards a 16-25 years AB demographic so my video will appear ‘clean’ and ‘classy’ to also go with the overall modern look of the website. The digital landscape is large due to the variety of technology that my audience will be able to view my music video on. My artist will appeal to the audience as they age range is almost the same so the artist will make music that will appeal to other people her age and what they like. My ideology for the video is about getting away from the norm and escaping from work and school. This fits in with my target audience as that is most likely what they want to do during the summer so could relate to the video personally.



Media Industries: The industry of music is the Universal music group. I believe there is a gap for dance music in the Universal music group as most of the artists come from different backgrounds and different genres of music. The term ‘dance’ isn’t used to describe a genre of music on the UMG however ‘electronic’ is the nearest term to it. Therefore, I believe this dance music could open up the market for more artists to call their original music ‘dance’.



Media Representation: My artist’s logo will read her name (Alaska) with several circular gradients of purple and pink in the back to represent the sunset colours. The summery location will represent first love around naturistic scenery around the summer holidays as there will be people dancing and interacting with each other. My artist represents a summer vibe with simple summery clothes and hairstyle, showing how they are ‘always having fun’, and appreciates the summer.



Chosen song: I have chosen ‘Pray MK remix’ by Sam Smith as the song gives off the required vibes I would like to match the image of my artist. The song has a fast tempo which gives me the opportunity for a fast and pace video as well as the opportunity to slow down some shots to create any needed tension and create a mix of effects. A range of shots will be used such as over-head, close-up and landscape etc to capture all the aspects of the video. The video will feature a variety of people to represent a social summer and ‘loving’ summer.



Word count: 578

Comments

Popular Posts